Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's Time for...Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's Top Ten list is: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To a Reluctant YA Reader.

Once upon a time, I was a reluctant YA reader.  I couldn't figure out why adults were reading the Harry Potter series.  I didn't hear about Twilight until waaaaaaay after everyone else.  And I didn't want to read the Hunger Games because I thought Katniss sounded too much like cat piss!  But I have since been reformed, and I'm ready to tell the world what books are THE best if you don't want to feel like too embarrassed  for reading YA

1.  Pretty much the best book ever.  'Nuff said.
















2.  Also set during World War II, and also very well done.  It might make you cry!















3.  Or anything by Melina Marchetta.  Sooooooo good!







4.  Or anything by John Green.  He pretty much kicks ass, regardless of whether his characters are teens or not!

5.  If you like paranormal, you have to check out this series - it's very well written!















6.  Another paranormal series.  Honestly, I don't normally like paranormal stuff, but Kelley Armstrong is a fantastic writer - I'd read anything by her!














7.  If you like fantasy, and even if you don't, this book is a must!  It surprised me how much I loved it!!!
















9.  This one was one of the first YA books I ever read, upon recommendation from a fellow book club member.  We had just finished reading "The Road", and it was so depressing that I just wanted to read something that would make me laugh.  Well, holy crap, I laughed my arse off!!!  And the book is set in a town just a few hours down the road, so that's a total bonus!











10.  Obviously I got over the whole "cat piss" thing.  Everybody should read this, I don't care who you are, and if you haven't, then crawl out from under that rock and do it, dammit! 














Whew, that was fun!  I might even do it again next week!  Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment