Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review: "Deceptive Innocence" by Kyra Davis


Ever since her mother died while serving time for a murder she didn't commit, Bell's been focused on one thing: revenge. She knows her mother was set up by the powerful Gable family, international bankers who will crush anyone for profit, or amusement. Now she's determined to take the Gables down. Seducing her way into the life--and bed--of the family's rebellious youngest son, Lander, she figures it should be easy to uncover the secrets she needs to destroy his family. But Lander turns out to be more complicated than Bell expected. He's intelligent, mysterious--and their sexual chemistry is off the charts. Lander is still the target, but once Bell gives in to her desire to touch him, he starts seeming much less like an enemy--which is why her anger is more necessary than ever.



Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to review an ARC of this book.

Wow, this book surprised the heck out of me! I'm not sure what I was expecting, (actually, I don't think I was expecting anything at all!) but it sure wasn't this. And I loved it! The twists and turns, not to mention the steam, kept me riveted the whole way through. I loved how Bell, the protagonist, was playing a part all in the name of revenge - that was awesome! And the ending, ugh! I HAVE to get my hands on the next book, no question!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment