Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Review: "Sex Love Repeat" by Alessandra Torre


I love two men. I screw two men. I am in a relationship with them both, and they are both aware there is another. That is all they need to know, that is all I let them know. They don’t need to know a name; they don’t need to know anything but that they are not alone in my heart. They have accepted the situation. Stewart, because his life is too busy for the sort of obligations that are required in a relationship. Paul, because he loves me too much to tell me no. And because my sexual appetite is such that one man has trouble keeping up. So we exist, two parallel relationships, each running their own course, with no need for intersection or conflict. It works for us, for them, and for me. I don’t expect it to be a long-term situation. I know there is an expiration date on the easy perfection of our lives. I should have paid more attention, should have looked around and noticed the woman who watched it all. She sat in the background and waited, tried to figure me out. Saw my two relationships, the love between us, and the moment that it all fell apart. She hates me. I don’t even know she exists. She loves them. I love them. And they love me. EVERYTHING else hangs in the balance.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read and review an ARC of this novel.

Woowee, this book was hot, hot, hot!  In "Sex Love Repeat", Alessandra Torre has created some extreme characters and a story with amazing twists, drama and steam.

I don't know much about sex addiction (okay, I know nothing!) but I think Madison might be a sex addict.  Whatever, that's beside the point, but she loves sex and she's unashamed of that fact.  Madison meets Stewart and falls in love, but he's so busy he can't give her as much time (or sex) as she wants (or  needs).  He asks her to take a lover that can occupy her enough so she's not having one night stands all over the place.  So Madison chooses Paul, a laid back surfer-type dude, and ends up forging a mostly normal relationship, monogamous except for the times when Stewart calls for some action.  What's that, "binogamous"?  Each man is aware of the the other, but they aren't provided a name or face.  And everything is working out fine, until all of a sudden, it's not.

That's as far as I can go into the story without spoiling things, but I will say that this book is unpredictable.  The way that it's written, from multiple POV's and jumping back and forth in time, allows for a number of twists and turns that you won't see coming.  Definitely recommended for those:
  • looking for a slightly more erotic read than the typical romance
  • wanting a more suspenseful and surprising story line
My rating:  3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment