Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review: "Kiss Me at Midnight" by Diane Alberts


Her New Year’s resolution was seduction. Doctor Ashley Hanes has one mission and one mission only—end her annoyingly long dry streak and ring in the New Year with a bang. Literally. When her long lost and oh-so-sexy ex-best friend, Ethan Pierce, shows up as if he hadn’t broken her heart all those years ago, suddenly she doesn’t want to bring home just any man. She wants Ethan. What should have been one night of blow-your-mind make-up sex quickly turns into another. And another. Before long, Ashley thinks maybe she and Ethan should reunite for good. If only the elusive bachelor will stop running from his tortured past and trust a future in Ashley’s arms.



While I am a fan of Diane Alberts, I'd have to say this was not my favourite read of hers.  I liked the background of the two main characters, how they had friendship and history behind them.  I also like Ethan's ugly duckling story - nerdy, shy boy transforming into buff, confident man.  What I didn't like was the spanking that went on between them.  It didn't sit right with me, and I think it's because there wasn't enough explanation behind it.  He just all of a sudden started spanking her and she just automatically liked it.  It was weird!

Overall, though, I would rate this three stars because, aside from the spanking thing, it was a quick, enjoyable read.

My Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment