Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: "The Sinner's Club" by Kate Pearce


Total Pleasure Unsure of his reception, Jack Lennox adopts the guise of his own secretary upon returning to his ancestral home to claim his father's earldom. When he arrives, he's stunned to discover the previous earl's lovely young widow, a woman of beguiling curves and sensual smiles, warming the bed... Absolute Surrender Mary Lennox is determined to remain in Pinchbeck Hall and a mere secretary isn't going to tell her otherwise. But Jack Smith is a man of many talents and soon she's succumbing to his erotic games of pleasure. Only Mary may have underestimated the intensity of her wanton longings and the depths of Jack's dark desires... Note: This book is about Jack Lennox who you met first in SIMPLY SCANDALOUS.

Not really sure how to rate this.  On the one hand, I really liked the setting, including the time period, and the writing.  On the other hand, I don't know who I'd recommend it to because of the extremely graphic sex.  There is a lot of M/M sex, and I haven't read a lot of that before.  Hardly any, in fact.  And although it didn't make me uncomfortable, it also didn't turn my crank.  I think I would like to read more by this author, though, in the hopes that different scenarios and characters would work better for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment