Sunday, May 4, 2014

Review: "Going Long" by Ginger Scott


They fell in love in high school and found their way back to one another despite the odds. But can first loves really be forever? For Reed Johnson, the dream was always football. But then Nolan Lennox took over his heart. Is he willing to give up his first love just to keep his true love? Or will he be too late? Reed and Nolan’s story continues in "Going Long," sequel to "Waiting on the Sidelines."








Thank you to Netgalley and Ginger Scott for allowing me to read and review an ARC of this book.

"Going Long" is a follow-up to Ginger Scott's "Waiting on the Sidelines", which was one of my top ten reads of 2013.  I fell in love with Nolan and Reed in the first book, so I was pretty excited to see that I would have more of them in "Going Long".

Did "Going Long" live up to my expectations?  Not exactly.  This time around, we get to hear Reed's point of view as well as Nolan's, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  But mainly I was just irritated with both characters in that they didn't COMMUNICATE with each other!!!  None of their problems would have happened if they'd just talked to each other!  Then I guess there'd be no book, either.  So, it's a bit of a conundrum.

Anyway, I still like Nolan, I still like Reed, and their friends and family are all great (well, except Reed's mom and brother, but they're the ones you love to hate!) and I'm really happy with the way things wrapped up.  So definitely a worthwhile read if you're a fan of "Waiting on the Sidelines".  

My rating: 



No comments:

Post a Comment